Auckland Queens Wharf Webcam
Auckland is the largest metropolitan area in New Zealand, with a population of over a million in the greater urban area. It is located in the northern half of the North Island. It is composed of four separate cities, Manukau city in the south, Waitakere city in the west, North Shore city in the north and Auckland city itself. The wider local government area which includes rural areas, small towns and the islands of the Hauraki Gulf is Auckland Region.
Many thanks to http://www.queens-wharf.co.nz/queens-wharf/home/?redirect=1
Auckland is often known as the "City of Sails" and is the largest city in Polynesia. For some Polynesian island nations, there are more expatriates living in Auckland than in their homeland. Auckland's rich Pacific cultural mix is celebrated at festivals and sporting matches.
The Auckland International Airport, New Zealand's largest airport, is located in the southern suburb of Mangere on the shores of the Manukau Harbour.
* Sky Tower. At 328 meters, this is the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, offering view of up to 80 kilometers.
* Auckland Art Gallery. The largest collection of national and international art in New Zealand.
* Auckland Zoo, Motions Rd, Western Springs.
* Auckland Regional Botanic Gardens. Located in Manurewa (South Auckland) has over 10,000 different plant types spread over 65 hectares with both natives and exotics.
* Drive or walk up one of Auckland's many volcanic cones such as One Tree Hill or Mount Eden to experience panoramic views of the city, and to see sheep in a major metropolitan area!